Our Technique: Prone Specific
Prone Specific technique is very gentle but effective way of adjusting the spine because it is so specific to what vertebra is moving instead of getting everything to “pop or crack”. We can adjust every region of your spine face down without having to twist or turn your body or neck if that is a concern. While Dr. Huffman understands that not every patient needs the same technique, he is excellent at adjusting the spine while lying on your back, side, and or sitting up. We have many options in helping newborns, families, and the elderly while being gentle and caring.
Realigning and Adjusting for better health
Chiropractic has one main goal and that is your health. Health is defined by how well your body functions. Chiropractic does not treat or cure any disease but enhances the body’s ability to adapt to stress and maintain health by removing vertebral subluxations. These subluxations are simply misaligned bones in the spine that irritate nerves creating a disconnection between the brain and the body. By removing these subluxations, we remove nerve interference which will reconnect the mind, body, and spirit so all aspects of health can thrive and work together.
We were all created with an undeniable force within each of us called “innate intelligence.” The nervous system utilizes this force to communicate information from the brain to every cell, tissue, organ, and muscle through these nerves. When the spine is properly aligned, the nervous system can operate at its highest potential.
Because chiropractic works! According to RAND studies, 92% of chiropractic patients are satisfied with their results. Chiropractic helps millions of people recover from sickness, disease, and disability while minimizing the use of drugs and surgery in their lives. We would be honored to be your Lincoln Chiropractor and help you reach your goals.
Who needs chiropractic care?
Chiropractic is recognized as the most effective care for headaches and back pain while also saving you money over the long term. We treat patients as early as a couple days old to the elderly. Most people think that pain is the best indicator for seeking chiropractic care while pain is usually the last symptom show up. It is very important to know that you can have a pinched nerve in your spine and not have any pain just like you can have a cavity without a toothache. Only 10% of all nerve fibers deal with pain, the other 90% deal with motor control, autonomic control of your internal organs/tissues, and other sensations such as numbness and tingling. The best way to know if you have spinal subluxations that are causing nerve interference is to be checked by a chiropractor. To schedule your spinal checkup, call our office at (531)500-3259.
What conditions do we treat or manage?
Chiropractic care deals with the nervous system which controls the whole body. I believe we can help your body adapt to any condition you have, but here are several examples:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries(motor vehicle accidents)
- Infantile colic
- Ear infections
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Lower extremities
- Upper extremities
- Pregnancy-induced back pain
- Sinus problems
- Sleep deprivation